Pickle and Dill Pizza
Pizza Dough (or 1 lb store bought)
4 cups All-Purpose Flour
½ (1 packet) active dry yeast
1 ½ cups warm water
1 tablespoon salt
Alfredo Sauce or white cheese sauce (store bought)
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar Topor’s pickles, any variety, thinly sliced.
Pizza Dough, if making from scratch
- Pour the warm water into a small bowl. Sprinkle the yeast in and whisk. This will activate the yeast. Let the mixture sit at room temp for 10 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbling.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the flour and salt. Add the wet mixture and kneed either by hand or with a dough hook until a wet dough forms. If it is too dry, add a little water until the dough is sticky. Cover the dough with a wet towel and let it rest for 30 minutes. This can also be done ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
- When ready, let the dough rise until doubled in size, 2-3 hours.
- Punch down the dough and turn out onto a floured surface.
- Roll out into a 12 inch round dough.
- Let rise for 15 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees. Place a pizza stone on the middle rack or use an upside down sheet tray.
- Top the dough with the alfredo sauce. Use a spoon to spread a thin layer over the dough. Sprinkle the dough with garlic salt.
- Cover uniformly with the mozzarella.
- Arrange the sliced pickles on top of the mozzarella. Garnish with fresh dill over the top.
- Place the pizza on the stone or sheet tray in the oven and bake until crust is a dark golden color, about 12 – 14 minutes.
- Slice and serve!